EALS at AU presents the 16th Annual Emerging Arts Leaders Symposium
American University's Emerging Arts Leaders (EALS) presents their 16th annual 2023 Symposium: Arts Engage. Held each Spring at the Katzen Arts Center in Washington DC, the symposium aims to educate, empower and entertain rising and established leaders in the arts as we gather together in a community of learning. The Symposium will be held on March 26, 2023, we hope you will save-the-date.
After so many disruptions, it is time to reconnect. As arts leaders, we must now decide how we will engage with and through the arts, and how our work needs to change. Engagement occupies the whole self – the mind, the body, and the spirit. It attracts and reciprocates relationships. It forms and feeds communities. And it demands equitable practice. Join a community of passionate peers as we explore how to reignite and reimagine engagement. How will *you* engage with the arts?
At the 16th Annual Emerging Arts Leaders Symposium, you can expect:
● An inspiring keynote speaker to frame the day’s focus.
● Valuable and actionable panel conversations with experienced arts leaders, representing multiple arts disciplines and a range of issues facing the sector.
● Networking opportunities to engage and develop new connections with arts professionals.
● A digital EALS program, which will be updated regularly with schedule announcements and provide an opportunity for continued networking.
● Careful adherence to American University’s COVID rules and regulations.
After the conclusion of the Symposium, continue to connect with arts professionals over drinks, snacks, and a silent auction during the Sweet Sixteen Celebration and Fundraiser.
Check back here and on all social media channels where we will soon announce our established speakers and other exciting offerings.